Monday, September 3, 2007

A Second Chance


It wasn't until 3 days after my TBN sighting of Michael W. Smith that the tunes from my formative Christian years finally stopped playing in my head. It was a blessing and a curse all at the same time.

For those of you that aren't clued in, Michael W. Smith recently made his lead role debut in a movie that wasn't half bad.

I was recently visiting one of my best friends in Vegas when he said to me one, "Have you seen Michael W. Smith's movie?"
I laughed with an "Are you serious?!" type look on my face.
"You've got to watch it."
I looked in disbelief as Jeremy actually thumbed through his DVD collection & pulled a copy of a movie I had never heard of- "The Second Chance."

Was he serious? Did Michael W. Smith really star in a movie? Did Jeremy really have this movie? And were we seriously going to watch this movie right now?
The answer was: Yes; yes; yes; and, yes.

Over the next 2 hours I was once again sucked in to another Michael W. Smith project in which I couldn't avert my attention. I was impressed. The Second Chance is an honest and real story of American Christianity & some of her struggles.

If you get an opportunity, definitely give Smitty a second chance & see his movie. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Check out information on The Second Chance movie.

oh & fyi- Smitty turns 51 on October 7th... that's staying power

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one's commented on this in five months. So I'm doing it. My favorite five o'clock shadow is a heck of an actor. And more importantly, Steve Taylor, also of 80's CCM fame, is an amazing director! Check this movie out and face your own humanity.