Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tapping into the CHEROKEE in Me


I'm only part Cherokee indian (about 1.75lbs worth)- but I tap into every bit I can.
Here's an old Cherokee story my father passed along to me...

"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence,empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed.""

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I saw your note about your blog through your myspace and thought I would take a look. I have enjoyed reading all your stories and thoughts. There are alot of good messages and some I really needed to hear. I like this one especially "Tapping into the CHEROKEE in Me". Keep writing your good at it.
I have a blog too. Take a look some time... www.rebeccaintaiwan.blogspot.com
Peace.

Anonymous said...

Hey man we might be coming to California beginning of November and would love to see you if the Lord allows it...Lets keep talking

Dennis Omondi

J said...

Hey Bret. I hope all is well with you today. I'm bored as I can get at, but very very very busy!